May 29, 2011

The Secret Weapon

Salvania saw her world spinning faster and faster. The news of this ancient danger brought back dark memories of burning villages, bodies soiling the ground, the raping of innocent women and young girls. The queen took her husband's hand and leaned against his shoulder. Why did this demon from the north come back for? Did he run out of women? Did he run out of money? Did he just want to have some fun? What did Azarathia have that was of any value to the Dark Lord?

"My Lord, I have seen this force. Three hundred thousand strong in forces, machinery that dwarfs your own, and many fazaraths trained for battle." Seoden looked at Trebor and pulled out a parchment. "They are coming for the stone. Sharfteh has heard that the stone has powers. He wants it to make his men and his animals stronger, faster, more agile. He also wants the blessings of your people."

"He will never find it!" Trebor was breathing hard.

"He will once he has purged the kingdom of its people. He will turn over every rock, hut, and castle until he has found what he is looking for." The messenger turned back to the wall and stared at the image of the gem.

"My darling," Salvania turned to Trebor and looked into his eyes. She loved those eyes. Light blue orbs that reflected years of experience, wisdom, and a love for her. Now, she saw fear in those eyes. "What is hidden here? What is happening?"

Trebor ran his fingers over Salvania's cheek, brushing a stray hair from her face. "I should have told you about this gem a long time ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very interested in your thoughts and suggestions for my stories and I also welcome ideas for new ones. I do, however, need to emphasize that I do not approve of swearing or inappropriate talk whatsoever. If what you have to say can not be said in an honoring and respectful way, then I really don't want to hear it. Thank you.